domingo, 26 de outubro de 2014

LETTER TO THE TENANTS OF THE EARTH


(Unknown Author)
Dear Residents!
We are glad to inform that the contract of rent which we have agreed for eons of years ago is expiring.
It is mandatory that we renovate it; however, there are a few fundamental points we have to consider:
There are some energy bills which are extremely high! How come have you been wasting it so much?
I supplied you with so great amount of water and today I no longer have it. We must renegotiate its use.
Why there are few houses where there is such an abundant food that sometimes are wasted without any reason, if my yard is immense?
You have been chopping trees which provide shadow, air and equilibrium. You need to replant it. The Sun is getting hotter and hotter.
Reforesting is the key to the solution. Some animals are extinct but I am sure they were all there when I rented this house.
Strange colors impregnate the sky today; for the blue of it is for some time now gone.
And, talking about trash, what the heck is that of so much junk and littering around? I have found objects such as: Styrofoam, tires, plastic and others.
What about the fish which inhabited the lakes, rivers and seas. Have you done away with them too? Where are they? .
Well, it is time to talk now. I just need to know if you still want to live here.
In case your answer is positive, then, you will have to fulfill the contract?
Actually I would rather that you be here next to me, nonetheless, because there are limits to everything. I believe you are still in time to change?
I am looking forward to your response to everything that has been said here.
Regards, YOUR EARTH AND HOME.

Nenhum comentário: